Header Ads

Chinese Reporters Say They Are Blocked

Chinese reporters say they are blocked from Sichuan landslide coverage


Chinese journalists said they have withdrawn reports of a weekend collapse in Sichuan province by a government mandate as news reports of natural disasters have increased in the Xi Jinping Tribunal.

According to the most recent official statistics on Wednesday, landslides sucked up landslides in mountainous areas early on Saturday, at least 73 people were missing, and 10 people were found dead.

The Communist Party Central Committee's Public Relations Department said Reuters did not comment on specific questions about how the media responded to the disaster, but the Chinese media have published many reports on landslides. Things have become commonplace. "

However, six Chinese journalists who deal with the disaster reportedly were interviewed by Reuters news editors who had been ordered by the Public Relations Department to stop reporting on Sunday night.

A newspaper reporter from the official party said, "The time has come to freely report on natural disasters." In an interview with Reuters, Chinese reporters demanded that they not be afraid to lose this job.

"When dealing with the Sichuan earthquake in 2008, I was able to go anywhere in the earthquake, interview anyone, and listen to what I wanted, but this time I could not get into the rescue area.

About 70,000 people died in the 2008 earthquake. The epicenter was in Wenchuan County, not far from Xin Meng.

Party protection

Chairman Sai reassigned the Communist Party at the heart of China's media, academia and charity, watched for ways to empower news organizations and research institutions and detain right lawyers.

"All the media run by the parties should talk about the Party's will and its proposals and strive to protect the party's authority and unity," Xi was quoted as saying in February 2016 when he visited three major state-run media outlets.

The government's position on the media is that freedom of expression is guaranteed, but the media must be operated in accordance with the law.

News about the landslide was pushed to the agenda of many major Chinese news organizations monitored by Reuters on the weekend. The main station, CCTV, spoke for almost twenty minutes on Saturday night's news, followed by stories of poverty eradication and visits to Xi's military base.

Within a few days of the landslide, much of the rescue operations focus on the heroic role and type of rescue personnel provided to those involved in the rescue operations.

According to China Digital Times, an online monitoring group based in Berkeley, Calif., The Chinese version of the main business magazine Caixin, which questioned the official view that landslides are an inevitable disaster, was deleted late Monday.

The magazine's global site continues to provide a less detailed English version of the story.

Residents cited in this article as the government has been partially responsible for landslides since residents reported that there was a big crack at the top of the mountain after the 2008 Sichuan earthquake.

Caixin could not immediately comment.

Limited access

Unlike the 2008 Great Earthquake, which is widely dispersed and under the control of various municipalities, there is only one road in and out of the newmoon under the control of a single local government.

About 100 people from distant relatives and villagers when the landslide occurred met with officials in elementary schools on Monday and complained about lack of information and information. They were eventually allowed back.

A state-run Chinese journalist said he had planned to accompany Xinmo but did not allow his editor to attend.

"Our big boss called me specially, saying he should leave me today," he told Reuters.

After another earthquake in Sichuan province in 2013, People's Liberation Army troops urged Reuters reporters to have lunch near the disaster area, and the armed police provided reporters to get closer to the epicenter.

But on Sunday, many Chinese and foreign news organizations, including Reuters, blocked police from accessing the site. Efforts to get government help were frustrated.

No comments